Work Comp Patients
Workman's compensation is the monetary compensation offered to the injured employee or to their dependents in case of death, from the employer. Injuries at the workplace are not uncommon and the severity of injuries may range from minor injuries to death.
An individual will be eligible to claim workman's compensation if the individual suffers injuries or illnesses during employment and if caused by the nature of work. However, if the injury occurred because of the individual's negligence to obey safety rules or while the individual was under the influence of alcohol or any drugs, or if the disability from the injury lasts for < 3 days, the employer will not be liable to pay the compensation.
In the United States, the Workmen's Compensation Act has been in practice for several decades and defines the guidelines for eligibility, liability, compensation details and all the necessary information to safeguard the employee as well as employer.
Your doctor plays an important role in treating work related injuries and diseases, as well as the recovery of an individual from occupational injuries and illnesses.
Dr Pino can help you by:
- Providing treatment for work-related foot and ankle injuries
- Providing medical certificates or reports necessary for claims
- Ensuring you recover from your injury and are restored to your normal activities
- Analyzing and discussing with case managers the severity of your injury and its impact on your personal life and occupation
- Working with attorneys or case managers for claims and providing additional support services to take care of your needs
Regarding Worker's Comp please contact:
Department Telephone: (305) 595-8940
Office fax # : (305) 279-6021
Workers Comp fax #: (786) 263-0179