Feet support your body weight, help maintain proper posture and help in movement. To maintain good health of your feet, you should always wear comfortable, good quality and proper fitting footwear.
Tips for foot care
The basic instructions for maintaining healthy feet include:
- Keep your feet clean and dry.
- Check your feet regularly for signs of injuries such as redness, discoloration, cracks or other abnormalities.
- Wear appropriately-sized and comfortable foot wear.
- Regularly cut your toenails.
- Never try to remove a corn, callus or ingrown toenail at home.
- Never ignore foot pain. Consult a physician for appropriate treatment.